Quick Grooming Tips For Mums With Zero Time
Feb 21, 2018
Let’s face it, motherhood can really wreak havoc on your appearance. When you have little ones running around, an uninterrupted shower becomes a memory from the distant past. And makeup? You have neither the time nor the energy to apply cosmetics, much less take it all off at the end of the day.
But this doesn’t mean you have to put beauty on the back burner. We know that lengthy grooming processes take you away from time with your littlies, so today we’re serving up some quick grooming tips for mums.
These quickie beauty tips require neither time nor makeup expertise, and will have you looking preened and polished in mere minutes.
Easy grooming hacks for on-the-go mums
Dry shampoo is your new best friend
Create the illusion of just-washed hair by shaking or spritzing some dry shampoo onto your roots. Do this at night before bed so the powder can soak up excess oils on your scalp as you sleep.
Ditch the hair tools
Forget about heat styling. When you only have seconds to wrangle your hair into submission in the morning, pull your hair back into a sleek ponytail or pop on a headband and you’re good to go.
Wipes aren’t just for baby
Keep a pack of organic body wipes on hand for days when you have to step out of the house but have no time for a shower. Similarly, keep facial wipes by the bed for when you’re just too tired to wash your makeup off at night.
Get your pearly whites whiter
Your smile is one of the first things people notice. Try teeth whitening pens, which can be as effective as professional whitening treatments but aren't as expensive or time consuming.
Streamline your makeup routine to get out of the house looking good and fast.
Streamline your makeup routine
Just as having a go-to outfit streamlines your morning routine, editing your makeup process will help you get out of the house in a calm, timely fashion. Save the smokey eyes and contouring for special occasions. Instead, put together a collection of tried and tested products that’ll help you get ready in a snap. Here are some suggestions:
- You can look flawless without having to slap on foundation and powders. A gradual liquid tanning oil or toner gradually tans your skin with each application, giving you a sun-kissed glow. A natural-looking tan makes you look more alive and disguises imperfections, saving you from having to apply about four different products in the morning.
- Use a multitasking colour balm or a lip and cheek tint to brighten your entire face. Swipe on lips and cheeks for a healthy flush. Dab some on eyelids for a gorgeous daytime look.
- The easiest way to look well-groomed is to tame and shape your eyebrows. Filling in and shaping your brows with a pencil takes time, though. Instead, use clear or brown brow gel to brush eyebrow hairs up and out. Easy peasy.
- A quick swipe of mascara will make you look refreshed, as though you’ve slept at least one night this week. Wiggle the wand against your lashes before brushing upwards to create the illusion that you’re also wearing eyeliner.
- Tinted lip balm is easier to apply than lipstick, especially when you’re in a rush and/or have a squirming child in your arms.
There will be days when it feels like you’re trying to get ready in the middle of a hurricane, and on those occasions, you just gotta let it go. So if you haven’t, now is really the time to embrace your natural beauty.
But don’t feel guilty about taking a few minutes to glam up, either (when you can!). Because when you know you look presentable, you feel better about yourself. And when you’re in a good mood, you’re a much better mum.
What are your tried and tested grooming hacks for busy mums?